The Dauntless Damsels

This blog is dedicated to our fandom of the great Mark Ferguson and the great Ioan Gruffudd, our favorite actors. We will also post about the stories we are working on, our favorite books, authors, movies, music, and anything else we love and adore. Cheers!

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

On Pumpkin Lattes and Harry Potter

Today my sister and I took our dog, Dani, to her treatment at the best vet's office. Since it would be about an hour and a half, we went to do a bit of grocery shopping. Once we finished that, we planned to have some coffee drinks and read.

Across from Fred Meyer, where we did the grocery shopping was an Albertsons. My sister said there used to be a Starbucks. It was gone, but there was a Starbucks stand thing inside the Albertsons, so we went there. As we ordered our coffee drinks, I remembered that there was a new Starbucks right down the parking lot from the vet's. Last week when we were up there it hadn't been open yet and I hadn't thought to check before we left. We got our drinks and sat down About 8 feet away at a tiny little table with two chairs.

My sister had her usual, an Extra-Caramel Caramel Frappuccino. I had a Pumpkin Spice Latte in honor of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, which I am reading for the second time. I thought it was appropriate because they always drink pumpkin juice in the books. My sister is very slowly reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

We sat at the little table, pulled out our books, and began to read. This is in an Albertsons store. Not exactly quiet. Sighing, we decided to head back to the vet's and just read in the nice waiting area.

When we arrived, we were told Dani was almost done. My sister, who drinks her coffee drinks in about 6 seconds, was entirely finished with her's. I had more than half of my Pumpkin Spice latte left. The great receptionist told us that the Starbucks down the parking lot had opened Friday!

Too bad we didn't think to look before we left. We could have enjoyed our drinks and Harry Potter in the relative quiet of the Starbucks shop, rather than a grocery store. I only read about 2 pages of HP and HBP. I'm near the end, at a very, very important part and have been saving it for when we went to Starbucks. I, of course, finished my latte, but not while I was reading!

I guess I'll have to save it until next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home