The Dauntless Damsels

This blog is dedicated to our fandom of the great Mark Ferguson and the great Ioan Gruffudd, our favorite actors. We will also post about the stories we are working on, our favorite books, authors, movies, music, and anything else we love and adore. Cheers!

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Monday, June 18, 2007

The Battle of Waterloo

Today is the anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo, 18 June 1815, Waterloo, Belgium, where the English Duke of Wellington, principally, defeated, for the last time, Napoleon Bonaparte.

Huzzah for General Wellington!


You can read all about the bloody Battle of Waterloo, including combatants, generals, British regiments present, and troop movements, here.


Today, Waterloo reenactment draws thousands.

And more:
The Allied Order of Battle
The French Order
The Casualties (British only)
Uniforms, Arms, Equipment, Training

Waterloo-The Battle
Eyewitness to History: Waterloo
The Battle of Waterloo

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home