The Dauntless Damsels

This blog is dedicated to our fandom of the great Mark Ferguson and the great Ioan Gruffudd, our favorite actors. We will also post about the stories we are working on, our favorite books, authors, movies, music, and anything else we love and adore. Cheers!

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Third Time's A Charm

Alright, I've just got back from my third viewing of Fantastic Four. It was just as excellent as the other two viewings.

Since it came out 8 July, Fantastic Four has done incredibly well. According to BoxOfficeMojo, as of 2 August, F4 has made $138,065,785 domestically. Add that to $109,499,621 overseas, for a total of $247,565,406!

The question is, why have critics called it a flop? Every where one looks, the critics have given it bad reviews.

I think the obvious answer is that the critics are often wrong. They forget to factor "entertainment value" into their grades. So Fantastic Four might not be another Lord of the Rings, but how many movies are? The point is, Fantastic Four is a very funny, very entertaining summer movie. It has done super well in the United States and around the world. I don't even think it has opened in every country yet.

I think it is a great movie to see on a hot summer day (and not just because hot Ioan Gruffudd). It's fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home