The Dauntless Damsels

This blog is dedicated to our fandom of the great Mark Ferguson and the great Ioan Gruffudd, our favorite actors. We will also post about the stories we are working on, our favorite books, authors, movies, music, and anything else we love and adore. Cheers!

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm also a usually quiet, reserved Lady, who enjoys books, tea, baking, and movies! I spend most of my time reading one of my favorite books or wishing I was reading my favorite books. My Grand Passion is history, particularly the Regency Period in England, when Jane Austen wrote, Lord Nelson defeated the French Fleet at Trafalgar, the Duke of Wellington defeated Napoleon, and men were Gentlemen and women Ladies. I cherish the thought of being a Lady and love manners, being proper, and having proper tea. My favorite tea is Twinings, especially Earl Grey or Prince of Wales. My specialty to make is Scones with Devon Cream. I am a Catholic and a Conservative.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thursday, June 09, 2005

I almost missed Ioan!

Tonight was the MTV Movie Awards. Now, I don't usually watch MTV, but tonight was an exception. Ioan was going to be presenting an award along with his Fantastic 4 cast-mates. At the beginning of the show, they did the usual "scheduled to appear" thing. They said, "Ee-on Gruffudd." EE-ON??? That's Yo-awn! Pretty easy, if you practice!!

So, I waited to see darling Ioan, and even Alice, his girlfriend. No luck! Then, before a commercial break, the announcer said, "Next up, blah, blah, blah, and the cast of the Fantastic 4, blah, blah." I was very excited! It was coming!

Now, the whole time I was watching all of this, I was making scones. I was quite afraid I would be busy doing something and miss it! Didn't happen!

By that time, I was finished. I sat down at the table to watch. Someone was presenting some stupid award, so I flipped to my favorite station, Fox News for a minute. Howard Dean, the DNC Chairman, was saying something stupid, so I had to listen.

I flipped back, and they were on!!!! Of course! I am busy and they aren't on! I am just relaxing and stupidly flip to a different channel, and they are on! Ioan was, of course, gorgeous! He spoke briefly; much too briefly in my estimation! I wanted everyone else off stage!

That was all I saw of Ioan, unfortunately. Luckily, I believe they will re-run the show. I'll have to see the whole Ioan part this time!

Lesson to be learned: When you are waiting for something, be patient and keep your eyes open!!!

Now, for some pictures of the man I like to call Mr. Gorgeous (a play on his part in Fantastic 4, Mr. Fantastic---he's that too!) from the show. One question: Where are his gorgeous curls!?!?!?!?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home